Hey SMP Community!
After you have a first virtual date, it may be hard to think of what to talk about or “do” on the next one (and the next one after that!). And since it’s so cold now, meeting up outdoors is becoming more and more unpleasant. So, I wanted to give you all some more great ideas for virtual dates.
See below for our latest list of Virtual Date Ideas!
Virtual Date Ideas
- Create a virtual concert of your favorite artist – make a YouTube playlist of their best live performances/your favorite songs
- Cooking lesson – cook your date’s favorite meal at their instruction, or take a virtual cooking class together
- Virtual paint and sip – attend an official class, or pick art to paint on your own and go for it!
- Show and tell – pick an object that has had special significance for you during quarantine, and share the story with your date
- Netflix Party – use the Chrome extension to binge-watch a show together
- TV club – separately, watch your date’s favorite tv show of all time, and have them watch yours – send each other recaps and thoughts after each episode
- Be a docent for a day – take your date on a guided tour of an art gallery (most museums now have online walkthroughs)
- Play an online game – Boggle for the brainiacs, Sushi Go for some adorable and easy fun (or tackle a virtual escape room to really put you and your date to the test!)
- Fashion show – beat the cold by showing off your favorite summertime look, or glam up for a virtual fancy date night
- Share Good/Bad/Awkwards – tell your date about a good, a bad, and an awkward thing that’s happened to you regarding a particular topic. Topic ideas: your past week; past holidays (all Christmases; all New Years Eves); freshman year of college; your last relationship; quarantine purchases; your job
I’ve been invited to host my own Virtual Speed Dating event for the SMP community through Filter Off. You would have a 5-10 minute video call (through the app) with potential matches before moving onto the next one. You click whether you like the person or not and if you both do, you can connect to make your own date.
In order to gauge interest, I would love to hear who is interested in signing up for this event (date TBA). Please reply through this email to let me know.
I want to also invite you to sign up for the Mindful Dating Workshop where you can learn through instructional videos and a Dating Diary everything from deciding whether you’re ready to online date to how to turn someone down (nicely) to talking about sex and intimacy.
Or, sign up to become and annual Dynamic Dating member and get access to the Mindful Dating Workshop PLUS monthly live Q & A’s with me, access to shopping discounts and seasonal shopping guides, AND guest experts like world renowned Hair and Makeup artists, photographers discussing selfies, sex therapists and more.
Need help with your online dating profile? Schedule a consultation to learn more.
And if you’re a previous SMP client, click here to find out about date coaching!